Welcome to Year 1!
In Year 1 we try to make learning come to life through exciting topics and lessons. On this page is key information and highlights from the term.
This year we have studied the following:
- Our local area
- Let’s celebrate
- Go Wild
- Space Year 1 investigating an UFO crash at school.
PE lessons are on a Wednesday and Friday, please ensure your child has the correct PE kit, including clothing to match weather conditions such as jackets and tracksuit bottoms ect.
Swimming will take place on a Tuesday afternoon please ensure your child has the appropriate swimming kit.
- Children will need a towel and a swimming costume – preferably a one piece costume for girls.
- They may wear arm bands if they choose (Please can you blow them up before school.)
- Anyone with a verucca must wear a verucca sock as soon as they take off their shoes at the pool door.
- All jewellery must be removed before swimming.
- A swimming hat must be worn by all children with hair that is long enough to put in a pony tail. No hat means no swim!
Home learning is set on a Wednesday and due the following Monday.
- Spellings – These are set weekly, children are provided five words which use the same phoneme and two tricky words.
- Maths – Each half term children are set 6 tasks which match the objectives being taught that term. Children can choose to select one of these tasks to complete at home. Each task comes with an extension to further children’s learning.
- Learning log – These are creative home learning tasks which are usually themed around the topic. Each week children are provided with a different task to complete anyway they’d like.
- Regular reading at home – Books are changed twice a week; we also try to visit the library on a Monday afternoon.