In preparation for coming back to school on Thursday, we are going to be learning about social distancing today. This is something which I am sure lots of you have heard about already, but it is important that we all fully understand what it involves to ensure that we all keep safe when we return to school.
I would like you to spend some time going through the What is Social Distancing PowerPoint. (You may need to ask a grown up to give you a little help with the reading and make sure you ask them if there is anything you do not understand.)
LO: To answer questions about a text.
For your English task today you have a reading comprehension activity to complete about social distancing.
Whenever we do this kind of reading comprehension exercise there are a few really important steps we need to follow:
- Read the text carefully!
- Read the questions carefully!
- Find (highlight if you want to) the key words in the question and then find the matching words in the text- your answer will be nearby.
- Write out your answer or choose the appropriate answer!
- Check through by reading the question again, then your answer - does it makes sense?
Now some Top Tips!
- Remember you can read the text and the questions as many times as you like! If you don’t spot an answer the first time, read through again and this time it might leap out at you.
- If you find one question tricky, don’t worry! Have a go and then move onto the next one. You could always come back and look at it again when you’ve finished.
- Have a sensible guess! If you think you know the answer, but you’re not quite sure, be confident and go for it!
Choose from the 5 Challenge Choices below.