Today we are going to ‘Read as a Reader,’ looking closely at the text and answering questions about it to help deepen our understanding of this piece of letter writing.
Whenever we do this kind of reading comprehension exercise there are few really important steps to follow:
- Read the text carefully!
- Read the questions carefully!
- Find (highlight if you want to) the key words in the question and then find the matching words in the text- your answer will be nearby.
- Write out a detailed answer.
- Check through by reading the question again, then your answer- does it makes sense?
Now some Top Tips!
- Remember you can read the text and the questions as many times as you like! If you don’t spot an answer the first time, read through again and this time it might leap out at you.
- If you find one question tricky, don’t worry! Have a go and then move onto the next one. You could always come back and look at it again when you’ve finished.
- Have a sensible guess. If you think you know the answer, but you’re not quite sure, just go for it!
The model text is below so open that and the questions and work your way through. Try and do this as independently as possible and remember the advice above.
Hot & Spicy – Answer 1-4 questions.
Mega Hot – Answer 1- 8 questions.
Are you Nuts – Answer 1-11 questions.