Position and Direction
- Use language ‘forwards’, ‘backwards’, ‘up’, ‘down’, ‘left’ and ‘right’ to describe movement in a straight line.
- Describe turns using the language ‘full turn’, ‘half turn’, ‘quarter turn’, ‘three-quarter turn’, ‘clockwise’ and ‘anticlockwise’.
- Use our knowledge of movement and turns to describe and record directions.
- Describe and create patterns that involve direction and turns.
Here is a knowledge organiser which features key vocabulary and visual representations for our learning during this unit. (I have attached it as a PDF below so that you can print it out if you wish.)
Today we will be learning to describe movement in a straight line.
1. Spend some time going through the attached PowerPoint presentation to practise some of the skills you will need for your tasks. It is really important that you look carefully at the direction objects are facing, in order to describe their movement.
2. Choose one or more of the below challenge choices to complete.
The answers to all of the tasks are also attached.