This week we are starting a new unit of work in Maths focusing on Time.
In this unit we will be:
- Recapping the Year 1 objective of telling the time to the hour and half past the hour.
- Reading and writing the times 'quarter to' and 'quarter past' on an analogue clock.
- Reading and writing the time to 5 minute intervals on an analogue clock.
- Learning that there are 24 hours in a day and 60 minutes in an hour.
- Practising converting minutes to hours and minutes.
- Finding and comparing durations of time.
Here is a knowledge organiser which features key vocabulary and visual representations for our learning during this unit. (I have attached it as a PDF below so that you can print it out if you wish.)
Today we will be practising reading and writing the time to the hour and half past the hour.
1. Spend some time going through the attached PowerPoint presentation to practise telling the time to the hour and half past the hour.
2. Choose one or more of the below challenge choices to complete.
Spicy: Writing and drawing o'clock times
Hot & Spicy: Cutting and matching o'clock and half past times
Mega Hot: Writing and drawing o'clock and half past times
Are You Nuts?!: Writing and drawing o'clock and half past times 1/2 hours before or after the time shown
Extension:Reasoning and Problem solving activities
Additional task: Telling the time board game
The answers to all of the tasks are also attached.