Today we will be learning about durations of time. We will be practising finding times 1 hour, half an hour and quarter of an hour later than given times. You will also have a chance to practise drawing the given times on the clock.
1. As a starter and recap activity, I would like you to open up the Time Quiz PowerPoint below. Have a go at answering the six questions. How did you get on?
2. Take a look at the two posters below. Remember that there are:
- 15 minutes in quarter of an hour
- 30 minutes in half an hour
- 60 minutes in one hour
3. Choose one or more of the below challenge choices to complete.
Spicy: 1 hour later than o'clock and half past times
Hot & Spicy: 1 hour and half an hour later than o'clock and half past times
Mega Hot: 1 hour and half an hour later than times to the quarter hour
Are You Nuts?!: 1 hour, half an hour and quarter of an hour later than given times
Extension: Up to two and a half hours later than given times