Today in Maths we are going to revisit symmetry.
You will have a chance to:
- find out the difference between symmetrical shapes and asymmetrical shapes
- practise finding lines of symmetry
- practise drawing symmetrical pictures and patterns
1. First of all, watch this short video all about symmetry:
2. Next, watch this short video all about finding lines of symmetry:
3. Then choose one or more of the Challenge Choices below:
Spicy: Draw the other half of each symmetrical shape.
Hot & Spicy: Draw the other half of the hot air balloon and the butterfly. Tip: Use the dots to help you.
Mega Hot: Complete the butterflies or monsters by drawing the other half.
Are You Nuts?!: Complete the pictures by shading the squares in.
Extension: A problem solving task involving symmetry!
I found this song all about symmetry which I think you'll enjoy: