This is the second problem solving and reasoning paper, the last maths paper and the last paper of the week! Well done for completing them all! This paper is also out of 35 marks. You will need to set a timer for 40 minutes. Please read the instructions below carefully.
You will need a ruler for this paper.
You must show your working clearly, this is particularly important for the two and three mark questions.
Here are common mistakes that we see in the classroom:
- Not showing working.
- Copying the question down wrong.
- Copying the answer down wrong when transferring it from your working to the answer box (if the answer is wrong in the box you wouldn't get a mark).
- Not reading the question properly so doing + instead of - for example.
- Numbers not showing what you want them to show, 0 looking like a 6 for example.
- Missing out decimal points.
- Not checking your answers!
- Remember that problem solving papers are often slightly more challenging that arithmetic papers for many of you but remember, you know how to do the arithmetic methods attached to the different questions. Think carefully about what each question is asking you to do. At least make a start with the questions as you might get there in the end of at least get a mark!
If you finish within the 40 minutes you should use all of the remaining time to check your working and your answers.
Now count up how many marks you achieved out of 35 and please send this score to your teacher, we can then tell you your scaled score for maths!
If there is an area you need further support with please ask your teacher and we will be happy to help :)
Well done! What fantastic work this week and we hope you are all as proud as we are with the progress you have made since the start of the year!