LO: To introduce a magical character!
In our model text a creature was found hidden in the house, today we need to discover the creature and describe it and its actions!
- Choose a creature- either roll a dice to make a choice or use your imagination, or both!
- Plan a creature- picture and supply information about this magical creature…
- Plan a paragraph- how will this information fit into the story? Let’s plan!
- Write a paragraph- make sure this paragraph follows from the last and leads into the next using the format provided.
- Use the S2S to ensure you’ve included all of your skills, it should be descriptive, emotive, dramatic and exciting!
I can’t wait to meet the wacky characters you’ve created- they’re going to be so beautifully described and well thought out!
LO: Tenths as decimals.
1. Watch the video below brought to you by Mrs Harrison.
2. Complete a challenge sheet of your choice.
3. Self mark using the answers at the end of the document
Any questions, email your class teacher.
LO: Recognise arguments for and against deforestation
Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Last week, we were thinking about deforestation and the impact it is having on the Amazon.
As with everything there is always two sides to every argument, and it is always important to consider both sides!
- Read through the PowerPoint.
- Look at the work sheet and colour in the statements for deforestation in one colour and against in another.
- Next read the sheet Cutting down Trees!
- What do you think? Do you agree?
- What argument can you make against some of the points made?
- Write down or discuss your ideas!