LO: To text-map the model text
In this lesson we are introducing our new model text! Our goal is to learn more about the general structure of a wishing text.
The first thing you should do is read through it all yourself and check you can understand the words (using the glossary to check any tricky words) then follow the actions alongside the icons in the video, before creating your own actions and/or icons for all other paragraphs.
Remember, keep your actions simple, any words already done can be copied! Your drawings should be simple and clear too and, just like the actions, don’t need to be done for every word.
We love this model text! Please send either a video, or your icons to your teacher when you are finished.
LO: Fractions greater than 1
1. Watch the video below brought to you by Mr Romano.
2. Complete a challenge sheet of your choice.
3. Self mark using answers at the end of the document.
Any questions, email your class teacher.
LO: What can we do to protect the rain forest?
Tuesday 30th June 2020
It’s easy to think we are helpless and there is nothing we can do to help the Amazon! However, there is a lot we do to help in our daily lives and raise awareness!
Watch the “Fight for our Forest” and “How our food might be causing deforestation” clips explaining some things we need to be aware of in food production.
“Fight for our Forest”
“How our food might be causing deforestation”
Then, read the following pdf, which explains some other things we can be aware of in our daily lives to help the Amazon.
What can we do for our rain forests?
- Design a poster to help raise awareness of what small changes we can make to help the Amazon e.g. eat food that is produced locally, try and buy Fair Trade or Rain forest Alliance certified foods.
- Make sure your poster is clear and not too crowded with information.
- Have a clear message and do not make your poster too cluttered.
- Use bright colours and make it eye catching!