Welcome to the Year 3 German page. Here both students and parents will be able to see the Learning Objectives for the term and find an array of resources to enhance learning.
Autumn Term 2021 : An introduction to German with ‘Felix und Franzi’.
‘Thirteen lessons of fun! Two engaging hand puppets, a frog called Felix Frosch and a duck called Franzi Ente, take centre stage. They have travelled over from the Berlin Zoo and now live in a special German letter box (Briefkasten) in the Year 3 quiet room at Great Missenden. Felix and Franzi (with the help of Frau Hemsworth), will teach you about the language and culture of Germany.
Each week I will load any songs, videos, and other resources for you to go through at home if you choose.
This term, you will learn to:
- Find Germany on a map of the world and learn some key facts about Germany/German speaking countries.
- Identify at least 2 rivers in Germany.
- Say hello and goodbye in German.
- Say “my name is/I am called…” in German.
- Ask somebody their name in German.
- Ask somebody how they are feeling in German.
- Say how I am feeling in German.
- Read, write, say, and recognise numbers 0-12 as accurately as I can, with good pronunciation.
- Have a good understanding of some of the cultural differences between England and Germany; for example, compare and contrast Christmas time in England and in Germany.
Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me on