Welcome to the Year 6 Distance Learning page!
Keep up to date with our daily blog where you find the day's work.
Email work to-
Please, where possible, send all work in the same email.
We will be replying to emails from 9:00 until 4:00.
When a member of the year 6 staff is due to be at school we will update this page to let you know which teacher this is. A teacher being at school will mean delayed feedback, please bear with us.
Dear Year 6 Children and Parents,
In this section of the website, you will find a range of tasks and activities that give you the opportunity to continue your learning away from school. These will be uploaded daily and will follow the teaching curriculum that we would normally be using at school. You will also find links to useful websites that can be used as an additional learning tool for children and parents.
Tasks will include a daily English and Maths lesson alongside a weekly Topic / Science activity.
Spellings and Guided Reading will also be set. Reading expectations are exactly the same - 5x a week. Please feel free to share some of the excellent books you have read.
Once you have completed a task - please email work in to the temporary email addresses above, in the form of either a photo, a word document or another appropriate alternative. It is essential that you complete the given tasks because we will not get this invaluable learning time back so please do your best.
For other enquiries, not related to distance learning, please continue to use the year 6 email address.
Most importantly, we care greatly about your health and well-being so please feel free to send us exciting, positive news or updates about your time away from school. We will do the same.
Stay safe and we hope to see you soon.
Miss Cartwright, Mr Kemp and Mr Sperring
Additional information and support:
- Please continue to practise your timestables skills on Timestable Rockstars.
- Please continue to get outside and practise skipping!
- Everyone who was in on Friday was given a 'Purple Mash' log in so you can spend time exploring this fantastic website and all of the resources on it. There are great games on it to continue to practise your skills e.g. in maths. If you weren't in and want a log in or have lost your's please email your class email address and we can send you over another copy.
- '10 ways to safely entertain your child at home' https://parentzone.org.uk/article/10-ways-safely-entertain-your-kids-home?utm_source=Parent+Zone+Newsletter&utm_campaign=d7c5afa46e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_13_05_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1ee27d9000-d7c5afa46e-179232385
- TWINKL is a great website for additional resources and support and they are offering free subscription until April 2020 to help the distance learning process. www.twinkl.co.uk/offers and use the code UKTWINKLHELPS or PARENTSTWINKLHELPS
- The Body Coach (Joe Wicks) will be doing a home workout video every morning at 9am to keep everyone fit and healthy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen Throughout the time that schools are closed, Audible will be allowing free streaming of children's books. Share some of the great books you have read with us :) It is so important to carry on reading regularly.
- If you would like to continue the computing we started in lessons, you can download KODU for free. You can send in screenshots of what you've done and we can share it!