Great Missenden Church of England Combined School
From April 1st 2014, an Academy
Our aim is that children come out of the school gates at the end of the day saying:
"THAT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!"
How do we achieve this?
• By creating a culture where every child is valued as unique and irreplaceable
• By employing magic teachers and support staff who "light the blue touch paper" and build children’s learning power.
• By providing "unforgettable experiences" enriching the curriculum and making learning irresistible.
• By developing in all children the key values of TRUTH, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE, RESPECT and COMMUNITY.
We are now an academy, which is cause for celebration as it gives us more control over our finances and management, but from the point of view of children and parents, there will be no noticeable difference. Founded in 1823, our school is rooted in tradition. Our school shield has keys and a sword representing our foundation by the Church of St Peter and St Paul up the hill.
All our history and unique ethos continue as an academy – our inclusive admissions policy (set out on this website), the size of our school, our uniform, our creative curriculum, our values and our aims.
• A Church School – where children of all faiths and no faith grow in spiritual awareness and experience the peace of quiet reflection.
• A High Achieving School – we provide "Challenge for All", expecting all children to make strong progress whatever their level of ability.
• An Inclusive School – we welcome children with obstacles to learning.
• A Food for Life Gold Award School – we are crazy about growing, cooking and eating healthy food.
• An Extended School – offering Morning and After School Clubs from 8am to 6pm
• An Outstanding School – judged Outstanding in every category and sub-category at our last inspection in 2006, we have made continual improvements since then.
Our school website is a way of maintaining good communication with parents, children and our local community. Please come and look around the school to see for yourself what the children and staff are achieving. I am always pleased to meet with parents and to help in any way that I can.
With best wishes,
As part of our recent fruit and vegetable celebration week, Jo Jo Crow visited school to talk to us about healthy eating. Caterlink, our wonderful school lunch providers, came into assembly to share lots of healthy eating advice with the children. Jo Jo Crow met up with the SNAG team and visited many of the children on the playground.
Congratulations to the Great Missenden Cross Country Team, who yesterday won both the Boys and Girls Championship shields! This is a real triumph. It was a hard course at Hughenden Park, but our runners overcame all the challenges, including the considerable competition. We are now the Cross Country Champions in both categories for the next year! Outstanding!
All photos can be viewed in the Photo Gallery.
We've entered a competiton to win a visit from the famous author, David Walliams! On World Book Day, Thursday 5th March, Mr Walliams is visiting a series of schools in a helicopter! We've written letters to Mr Walliams to persuade him to visit our amazing school.
See the folder link for some examples!