Year 4 Ancient Greek Day was a huge success. The children wrote myths, acted out myths, made laurel wreaths, baked pitta bread and competed in their own Olympics. The children were very well behaved and produced some fantastic work. Just look at the photos
The Injury Minimisation Programme for Schools visited Year 6 this week! They taught us all about how to stay safe and avoid danger. We were shown life saving skills and how to react in a crisis. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and informative experience for both classes. We've all been practising our CPR and we're ready to save some lives! Check here for the photo gallery
Well done to all of the amazing runners who braved the cold, rain and wind to run at the Cross Country Race at Chartridge School. We did really well, securing lots of medals and team medals for our efforts. You made us all very proud. Keep up the running!
Wycombe Wanderers Football League Kids Cup Winners 2015
Our U11’s WON the Wycombe Wanderers Football League KIds Cup 2015 on 27th November!
The boys played 5 league games without conceding and then won the semi-final on penalties. They went on to win in the final against Cuddington & Dinton 4-0!!
The boys will be presented with the cup at a forthcoming Wycombe Wanderers game.
Well done boys – we’re very proud of you!
Great Missenden Church of England Combined School
From April 1st 2014, an Academy
Our aim is that children come out of the school gates at the end of the day saying:
"THAT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!"
How do we achieve this?
• By creating a culture where every child is valued as unique and irreplaceable
• By employing magic teachers and support staff who "light the blue touch paper" and build children’s learning power.
• By providing "unforgettable experiences" enriching the curriculum and making learning irresistible.
• By developing in all children the key values of TRUTH, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE, RESPECT and COMMUNITY.
We are now an academy, which is cause for celebration as it gives us more control over our finances and management, but from the point of view of children and parents, there will be no noticeable difference. Founded in 1823, our school is rooted in tradition. Our school shield has keys and a sword representing our foundation by the Church of St Peter and St Paul up the hill.
All our history and unique ethos continue as an academy – our inclusive admissions policy (set out on this website), the size of our school, our uniform, our creative curriculum, our values and our aims.
• A Church School – where children of all faiths and no faith grow in spiritual awareness and experience the peace of quiet reflection.
• A High Achieving School – we provide "Challenge for All", expecting all children to make strong progress whatever their level of ability.
• An Inclusive School – we welcome children with obstacles to learning.
• A Food for Life Gold Award School – we are crazy about growing, cooking and eating healthy food.
• An Extended School – offering Morning and After School Clubs from 8am to 6pm
• An Outstanding School – judged Outstanding in every category and sub-category at our last inspection in 2006, we have made continual improvements since then.
Our school website is a way of maintaining good communication with parents, children and our local community. Please come and look around the school to see for yourself what the children and staff are achieving. I am always pleased to meet with parents and to help in any way that I can.
With best wishes,
On 19th September Great Missenden children demonstrated exceptional determination on the Cross Country course at RAF Halton.