Message of welcome from Johnny Magee, Head Teacher
Great Missenden Church of England Combined School
From April 1st 2014, an Academy in the Great Learners Trust
Our aim is that children come out of the school gates at the end of the day saying:
"THAT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!"
How do we achieve this?
• By creating a culture where every child is valued as unique and irreplaceable
• By employing magic teachers and support staff who "light the blue touch paper" and build children’s learning power.
• By providing "unforgettable experiences" enriching the curriculum and making learning irresistible.
• By developing in all children the key values of TRUTH, LOVE, FAITH, COURAGE, RESPECT and COMMUNITY.
Founded in 1823, our school is rooted in tradition. Our school shield has keys and a sword representing our foundation by the Church of St Peter and St Paul up the hill.
All our history and unique ethos continue as an academy within the Great Learners Trust – our inclusive admissions policy (set out on this website), the size of our school, our uniform, our creative curriculum, our values and our aims.
- A Church School – where children of all faiths and no faith grow in spiritual awareness and experience the peace of quiet reflection.
- A "Growth Mindset" school, teaching children and adults how to be determined and resilient learners.
- A High Achieving School – we provide "Challenge for All", expecting all children to make strong progress whatever their level of ability.
- An Inclusive School – we welcome children of any ability or background.
- A Food for Life Gold Award School – we are crazy about growing, cooking and eating healthy food.
- An Extended School – supporting parents by offering children fun and educational Morning and After School Clubs from 7.30am to 6pm, and great Holiday Clubs too.
- An Outstanding School – judged Outstanding in every category and sub-category at our last inspection in 2006, we have made continual improvements since then.
Our school website is a way of maintaining good communication with parents, children and our local community. Please come and look around the school to see for yourself what the children and staff are achieving. I am always pleased to meet with parents and to help in any way that I can.
With best wishes,